The Digital Day in Lugano is part of the umbrella initiative digitaltag.swiss organized nationwide by Digital Switzerland and will be held on the same day in 11 other Swiss cities.
“Digitization is changing all sectors of our society: education, health, politics, business, working life, leisure, mobility and communication are changing. This process will be actively shaped and discussed in Switzerland. The Digital Day is the annual platform for this dialogue and shows the developments, opportunities and risks of transformation to a wide audience. Changes can be experienced and grasped on the occasion of the Digital Day. Experts, business representatives, politicians and the public will work together to define Switzerland’s path to becoming a leading global innovation centre”.
The population is invited to meet with experts in digital subjects in order to explore the potential of digitization in different social fields. For example, the benefits of artificial intelligence, IoT (Internet of Things), the design of interactive experiences, as well as how to use ICTs to improve urban health and well-being, collaboration and sustainability will be discussed. The sensitive issue of ethics in the digital environment will also be addressed.
Talks will be articulated throughout the day and divided into the following macro themes:
- the city of tomorrow
- digitization in education
- design and architecture
- innovation, competence and business centres
- digital living
- ethics and digital
Piazza della Riforma will be transformed into a mini expo that will host exhibition stands of the main players in the area active in digital. The digital initiatives will be grouped according to the nine themes proposed by the National Digital Day:
- Mobility: sustainable mobility, autonomous driving and drones (with Volaly, MobLab, SSF)
- Health: digital opportunities in the health system (with ehti.ch, EOC)
- Training: education, educational robotics, makers, computational thinking and lifelong learning (with ated4kids, FabFaire, SUPSI, USI)
Job 4.0: the future of work (with IBM, nnaisense, localsearch, City of Lugano)
- eDemocracy: interaction with citizens (with Swisscom, City of Lugano)
- My data: data analysis, visualization and interpretation (with USI)
- Smart City: innovative solutions for living the city (with Città di Lugano, USI, SUPSI, Ticino Ticket)
- Media & news: the impact of digitization on media and culture and current jobs (with ated, USI)
- Lifestyle: recent projects on intelligence systems related to destination, hospitality and lifestyle data (with Lugano Region, HotellerieSuisse, Capitale Cultura International, NetcommSuisse).